General Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this website ‘www.vedantaworld.org’ (the “Site”), including but not limited to any audio or visual lectures, recordings, webcasts, subscription and use of downloads/online courses appearing in the website (‘Service’) is provided by Vedanta Life Institute (‘Vedanta’, ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’) on the following terms and conditions set out below. References to you as the recipient of the Services herein shall include You, Your and the User. Party shall mean ‘Vedanta’ or ‘You’ and Parties shall mean ‘Vedanta’ and ‘You’ collectively.
By using the Service You hereby understand, accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein without any modification or reservation whatsoever (“Terms and Conditions”), which shall take effect immediately from your first use of the Service. You shall also be subject to any additional terms posted with respect to individual sections of the Service. If You do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please do not access, use and/or contribute to the Service.
We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion, without any obligation and without any notice requirement and for any reason, to change, improve or correct the information and materials available on the Site and to suspend and/or deny access to this Site or portions thereof for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance, upgrades, improvements, corrections or otherwise.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that We may access, preserve and disclose Your Information and content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal process; (ii) to enforce the Terms and Conditions; (iii) to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) to respond to Your requests for customer service; or (v) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Vedanta, its users and the public.
In addition to the terms defined above, the following terms shall have the following meanings ascribed to them:
“Account” your personal account with Us whereby using the user name and password assigned to You, You are given access to certain features of the Site such as online courses, downloads, information on webcasts and any other features/services that are indicated as requiring access through the personal account.
“Registration’’ means Your providing Your details in the “Join” or “Register” section of the Site so that We may create an Account in Your name and issue You with a [user name and password for purposes of accessing and using the Account.
“Your Information” means any information relating to Your use of the Site including information related to Your past use of the Site, information that You provide to Us during the process of registration or making any purchases or donations or subscribing to any part of the Service, or information You have provided to Us in the feedback area.
1. You hereby undertake to use the Service only for lawful purposes and agree not to use the Service or any part thereof for commercial purposes.
2. Any order You place through the Site with respect to those features of the Service that entail a purchase transaction constitutes an offer from You to Us to purchase that feature of the Service from Us. The particular feature will be made available to You once Your payment is authorized. Consideration for the same is payable in advance. Vedanta shall be under no obligation to provide the feature or any part thereof until consideration in respect of the same has been received in full.
4. Vedanta warrants that it has the right to provide the Service and will use reasonable skill and care in making the Service available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions do occur and Vedanta does not give any other warranties in respect of the Service.
5. Vedanta shall not provide refunds, whether in part or full, in respect of any part of the Service for which payment has been rendered.
6. In the event that Vedanta withdraws from this agreement or is permanently unable to deliver any feature of the Service which entails a payment transaction and for which the requisite payment has been made by You, a refund will be provided to you in respect of that particular feature of the Service that remains undelivered at the sole discretion of Vedanta.
7. You shall use the Service only in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Site and the rendering of our Service. You shall not engage in harassing or causing any inconvenience to any person using the Site or Our Services, transmitting obscene, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content or disturbing the normal flow of dialogue within the Service.
8. We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of Service to our users. If we believe that Your use of the Service is adversely affecting Our network (or any part thereof) or that of Our other users, we reserve the right to regulate/manage Your usage of the Service which may include but not be limited to temporarily/permanently blocking your access to the Service or suspending Your Account.
9. Your Information and any other personal information provided through the Site as a part of the Registration process and/or any other correspondence with Us shall be collected, stored, transferred and used in accordance with applicable law and you hereby render your unconditional consent for the same.
11. You represent and warrant that:
a) at the time of Registration Your age is eighteen years or older.
b) the details You have provided during Registration or at any time thereafter is correct and complete.
12. You shall update Us with any change to Your Information so that We may effectively communicate with You.
13. Upon registering for an Account with Us, You shall be provided with a username and password which You hereby undertake to maintain confidential and not disclose or share them with anyone. You agree to (a) immediately notify Us of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security; (b) defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Us from any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of your password or user name
14. If We have reason to believe that there is a likely breach of security or misuse of Your Account or the Site, We may require You to change your password, which You undertake to do forthwith or We may suspend Your Account.
15. The Site is owned by Vedanta. All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and/or unregistered) comprising part or all of the Service and all content (including all applications and materials) located on or available on the Site including through the Service are owned by and shall remain vested in A. Parthasarathy. Using the Service does not give You any ownership of any intellectual property rights in the Service. You agree that the Service and other content provided on the Site, either by Vedanta or through third parties, may be protected by intellectual property laws of India or the applicable laws of any other jurisdiction. Your attempt to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, resell, redistribute, broadcast, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, frame, transfer, or otherwise use in whole or in part, any intellectual property contained in Service and any other content provided on the Site may subject You to infringement actions either by A.Parthasarathy/Vedanta or third parties, as the case may be.
16. You agree not to reproduce, republish, copy, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, broadcast, transmit, post, make available to the public, or otherwise use the content on the Site in any way other than for your own personal private, non-commercial use and that you shall not redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, license or otherwise transfer or use the Service or any part thereof. We do not grant You any synchronization, public performance, promotional use, commercial sale, resale, reproduction or distribution rights for the Service or any part thereof. You also agree not to create derivative works, adapt or alter from any of the content on the Site.
17. You further agree not to:
a) Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
b) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any data transmitted to other users;
c) Transmit, access or communicate any data that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements);
d) Transmit, access, or communicate any data that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
e) Transmit or communicate any data that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
f) Interfere with or disrupt the Site or any other user’s use of the Site;
g) include programs which contain viruses, worms, ‘time bombs’ and/or ‘Trojan horses’ or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, overload, collapse, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
h) Allow usage by others in such a way as to violate these Terms and Conditions;
18. The name(s), logo(s), images on the Site and all other intellectual property comprising the Services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade-marks of A. Parthasarathy. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions may be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade-mark, design right, or copyright.
19. Your access to the Service may be occasionally interrupted to allow for repairs, maintenance or introduction of new features or services. We shall endeavour to restore the Service within a reasonable period of time.
20. We may terminate your access to the Site or any part thereof or suspend or cancel Your Account immediately at Our reasonable discretion and/or if You breach any of Your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
21. You shall have the option of cancelling Your Registration at any time by informing Us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
22. The suspension/cancellation of your Registration shall not affect either Party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
23. We accept no, and You hereby absolve Us of any and all liability for content provided as a part of the Service that you find to be objectionable.
24. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability:
a) ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, NAMES, IMAGES, PICTURES, LOGOS AND ICONS REGARDING OR RELATING TO VEDANTA, ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (OR TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES), IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, VEDANTA EXCLUDES ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY. VEDANTA DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT. WHILE WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT ALL CONTENT PROVIDED BY VEDANTA IS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PUBLICATION NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ACCEPTED BY OR ON BEHALF OF VEDANTA FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURATE CONTENT COMPRISING ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
b) NEITHER VEDANTA NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS,EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES (WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSSES WERE FORESEEN, FORESEEABLE, KNOWN OR OTHERWISE) INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) LOSS OF DATA; (B) LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS; (C) LOSS OF BUSINESS; (D) LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; (E) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR INJURY TO REPUTATION; (F) LOSSES SUFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES; OR (G) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION
c) NEITHER VEDANTA NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES (WHETHER FORESEEN, FORESEEABLE, KNOWN OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM YOUR INTERACTION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY PURCHASES, TRANSACTIONS, DEALTINGS WITH THE CENTRES REFERENCED ON THE SITE. THE CENTRES AND THE INDIVIDUALS WORKING THEREAT ARE INDEPENDENT ENTITIES AND ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH VEDANTA. NO RECOURSE SHALL BE HAD TO VEDANTA WITH RESPECT TO ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR INTERACTION WITH ANY OF THE CENTRES LISTED ON THE SITE AND/OR THE INDIVIDUALS WORKING/ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.
d) THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY USE OF THE SERVICE WHICH MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSONS, BUSINESS OR FINANCES.
25. You hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless Vedanta and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors, affiliates and all persons claiming under Vedanta from and against any and all losses, claims, demands, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expert witness fees, resulting from Your breach of any of the provisions mentioned in these Terms and Conditions, representations or warranties, and/or from Your placement or transmission of any content onto Vedanta’s servers, and/or infringement by You of any content on the Site, including any claims against You alleging misuse or unauthorized usage of the information, data and content available on the Site and/or from Your use of any Service or the Site itself.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the laws of India. All disputes arising out of any transaction pertaining to the Service under these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai, India.
27. We reserve the right to amend, alter, delete, insert and revise these Terms and Conditions without providing any prior notice to You. Each such amendment shall amend these Terms and Conditions and comprise part and parcel hereof.
28. Termination; Amendments.Your rights with regard to the Service will automatically terminate without notice and without refund of any fees or any other compensation if you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions. We may amend the Terms and Conditions at our sole discretion by posting the revised terms online. Changes to the Terms and Conditions will be effective as on the date they are posted on the Site. Your continued use of the Service after any amendment evidences Your agreement and explicit renewal of your consent to be bound by it.
29. Severability.If any term or condition mentioned herein is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that part shall be deemed severed and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms or conditions.
30. Entire Agreement. The provisions set out herein, comprise the entire agreement between You and Us in respect of the Service and Your use of the Site and all previous communication in respect of the same shall be deemed ineffectual and nonbinding.